Sunday 26 October 2014

Birchbox vs Glossybox October 2014

A few months ago I unsubbed from Glossybox to try Birchbox. I have now decided to resub to Glossybox so this month I received both boxes.

 

Here is my Birchbox....

The brands in Birchbox are always more high end and the sample sizes are usually quite a good size. You also get full size products. I have found that there is only usually a couple of products in there that I will actually use, and even if there are more I probably wouldn't purchase them afterwards as they are usually expensive.

Birchbox is a slightly smaller box but inside the box is usually a material bag with the products in that you can re-use. This month the products came in this pink zip up make up bag.

The past couple of boxes have included an extra that everyone receives. This time it was a pen in the shape of a lipstick.

This month's products were: Cattier pink clay facemask, KMS California hair serum, shaveworks cool fix gel for shaving rash, pixi Shea butter lip balm and meaningful beauty anti-ageing capsules.

With both boxes I find that some products match up with your beauty profile and others don't, so I don't really know if they pay attention to them or not.

Here is my Glossybox.....

This month's box theme was pop art. This was partly the reason for me resubbing this month as I wanted the box :) I find that the products are more "down to earth" and as I am a make up novice I find this a lot better for me. I also find that I am more likely to repurchase the products as they are available on the high street and aren't too pricey.

Some of the samples in Glossybox can be on the small side but they are mixed up with full size products.

You tend to get a lot of perfume samples in Glossybox and this month's Yves Rocher one was a nice size sample. I find these samples helpful as I like getting new perfumes but never know what to choose.

My products in my Glossybox were Rimmel BB cream, Nuxe facemask, So Susan mascara, Etre Belle lip peel, Ciate nail polish and Yves Rocher perfume sample.

So from now on I will just be receiving Glossybox. If some of you are confused on which box to go for hope this post helps.

Thanks for reading

George xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment