Sunday 16 March 2014

A Peek In My Nail Care Drawer


Here is a sneaky peek in my nail care drawer..........


 Before painting my nails I like to make sure they are in shape. I have various nail files that I use. You have your basic nail files which do the job but I find that they run down quite quickly. I also have a 4 way buffer. I used to love using this especially when I was having a naked nail day to shine my nails up. The third item to file with is a crystal nail file. I was always a little wary of these as they are quite hard but recently I have been loving this one and it does a great job! they are actually preferred by some professionals as they can be disinfected after use.
I tend to only use my nail clippers when I have broken a nail and need to trim them all to the same length. I have normal nail clippers and I also have some straight edge ones for if I fancy squared nails.


To keep my cuticles in shape I use Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover. You shouldn't use this too often as it's quite strong and can burn the skin around the nail. I tend to use it every 4 - 6 weeks. You put a small amount around your cuticle, leave it for no more than 15 seconds and then using something such as an orange stick you can push your cuticle down and scrape away the excess.
I purchased mine from boots..
http://www.boots.com/en/Sally-Hansen-Cuticle-Remover-Gel_1261177/


I like to keep my hands and nails well moisturised as they get very dry. For this reason I always seem to have a large collection of moisturisers. Pictured above is my Yves Rocher which I got in one of my Glossyboxes. 
I recently purchased this one from The Body Shop.....

 

This one is especially nice as it is for both hands and nails, it also smells gorgeous!

For my nails and cuticles I originally purchased a cuticle oil. It claims not to be greasy but for me didn't live up to that claim. I then saw some recommendations for Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. I decided to give this one a go. It isn't too greasy and smells lovely so I would definitely recommend it!







No comments:

Post a Comment