Tuesday 3 June 2014

My First Ever Birchbox! - May 2014

I have decided to cancel my Glossybox subscription for now and subscribe to Birchbox instead :)

I was lucky to do it in time to be able to receive the May box. I was also lucky to find a code that enabled me to get a few freebies just for joining :)


Below are my freebies, a make up sharpener, a 4-way nail buffer/file and an eye mask.




Now onto my box contents...

First up is Benefit's 'they're real!' mascara. I am liking the rubber brushes opposed to the old style bristle ones. I found that this mascara worked great on my upper lashes but made my lower lashes quite clumpy. I would still recommend it as it did make my lashes look longer. Full size this product costs £19.50 and is about 8.5g, we got a 3g product which I feel is a good size and is worth approximately £6.



Next is the Soigne nail polish. This is a full size item and costs £11. I got it in the colour 'pomegranate' which is a lovely red. The nail polish comes beautifully presented in a simple, classy looking box. I have swatched it on my colour wheel and as expected is a lovely smooth formula.


Below is Aromatherapy Associates revive morning bath and shower gel. This is a blend of pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry. Its smells very strong in the bottle but i think it will be less over powering when added to the bath. I am looking forward to trying it. This is a 3ml sample which is enough for one bath or shower, a full size bottle is about £39 for a 55ml bottle.


I was quite surprised to find these vitamin supplements in the box. They are anti-ageing zinc and vitamin C supplements. I already take supplements so I will replace my normal ones with these. It is recommended you take these for around 12 weeks to show an effect. You are supplied with 15 days worth of tablets so I will take these and see how it goes. A pack of 60 tablets is £37.99 and in my box I got a pack of 30 which is a very good sample size.


Next is the Laura Mercier face polish. This is to cleanse and buff away dead skin cells. I'm not sure what the size of a full product is but it would cost around £25.50, this is a 11.3g sample. I have heard lots of good things about this brand.


The last item is the Philip Kingsley one more day dry shampoo. I was happy with this as I find it so handy having dry shampoo in the house and so far all of mine have come in beauty boxes. This will be the third type I have tried and it smells quite nice so looking forward to trying it out. I have a 50ml bottle worth £6 and you can also get a 200ml bottle for £13.50.


With Birchbox you get a card telling you about your products and you also get a little magazine. I never read Glossybox's magazine but this one is much more of an easy read and focuses on the products and brand in that months box.


All in all I am very happy with my first box. Good size samples and great brands. Thumbs up to Birchbox!

Thanks for reading
George xx







3 comments:

  1. Oooo I keep meaning to try Birch box... this looks like a fab box, I want to try everything you got! Will you be repurchasing any of the items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good box. I would definitely repurchase some of it, like the benefit mascara. I would get the tablets if they weren't so pricey!! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete