Tuesday 17 June 2014

My Tattoo Diary - The Beginning

Something a little bit different on the blog today. If any of you have seen photos of me then you will know that I have a few tattoos. I often get comments and questions about these (all good) from people when I'm out and about. So I have decided to do a series of posts to show and tell you about my tattoos (if you are interested).

I got my first tattoo on the 21st February 2004. I was 20 years old and remember it like it was yesterday. I had wanted a tattoo for quite a while and had it drew up ready. I have always been nervous of needles and when I arrived at the tattoo shop the sound of the tattoo gun made me feel sick and very nervous.

My friend came with me as she was having her first one done too. I sat with her and she nearly crushed my hand. Then it was my turn. My friend had popped out of the room on the phone so I had nobody to hold onto. Luckily the tattooist was really nice and kept chatting to me.

It didn't take long for my tattoo to be done and I was so happy with it. I had my name on the bottom of my back in Japanese. It is in catacana which is the Japanese translation of an english word (or that is what I am told). It is spelt differently to my name when translated back into English.


My name is the symbols along the bottom. I had the stars added 4 years later in 2008 to make it pretty :) Whereas my name is Georgina the symbols basically translate as Jyo Jii Na. I know that it says the right thing as it was a Japanese lady who wrote it out for me.

Hope these posts will be of some interest to some of you. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading

George 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment